Thursday, October 16, 2008

TGTIF - thank God tomorrow is Friday

Sick and tired of work already. I'm exhausted by the end of the week. Commuting is like working 13 hours a day, but only getting paid for 8.
I hope that soon I get used to the commute. I hope my body will adjust because every night I get home, I have no interest in anything but eating and going to bed.

I'm starting to get annoyed with everything around me. I'm being totally overbearing to my boyfriend. I'm trying to diet while I'm annoyed, which makes it 10x worst. I miss my friends because they are on different schedules. I want to drink a few beers this weekend, but that would interfere with trying to diet.

Pretty much, I'm shit out of luck.

Any ideas on how I can keep myself occupied this weekend? My boyfriend has to work so I will not be seeing him and my friends are either busy taking care of their family or my other friends are drinking. WTF!
I think I might just hibernate this weekend and rent a bunch of movies. I get a massage on Saturday.. Olivia, I can't wait to see you.

It's already time for bed and I've been fighting off the hunger pangs for about 3 hours now.. so I'm out!!! Wish me luck on falling asleep quickly. Tomorrow is Friday.. Thank GOD

2 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

Jenn, I totally sympathize with you. I work in Fairfax, so my commute is about two hours each way. I've been doing it for almost five months now. For me, there are ups and downs. Some weeks, the commute is fine. Other weeks, I'm really angry, bitter, cranky and impatient with everyone and about everything--just because of the commute.

It *is* frustrating to feel exhausted pretty much as soon as I walk in the door at 7, to have no energy to even cook something slightly healthy for myself.

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I certainly share your frustrations. I often feel I'm losing touch with my friends and with life outside of work.

Good luck, take a deep breath, and know you're not alone! :D

Jenn M said...

Thanks so much :) I definitely enjoy the job. It is a job I can say I'd keep for a long time. I'm just so worried about becoming burnt out and becoming "one of those" northerners (no offense).. but everyone is emotionless and sleeping on the metro. Sometimes, you see these adorable little women sitting there and there face is down in their cleavage and they are snoring. I don't want to be tht woman.
And.. what about when I have children? Is it safe to drive that far and get on the metro at 8.5 or 9 months pregnant?
I don't want to move up north either.. so I guess I can't be too picky.
If you ever need to vent. .. .. just send me an email. I'll definitely put in my 2 cents HA