Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's been forever, I know

I rarely have time to write on the blog anymore.. I went on a vacation, got sick and now I'm slammed at work.

I'm doing good. I was sick last week with a head cold which sucked!

I finally went on a vacation with Dave. We spent 7 days together. (We are long distance, so we aren't used to seeing a lot of each other). Really, I thought we did great together. A little bit of arguing towards the end of the week, but I was getting sick so I was grumpy. We went to Myrtle Beach and it was fun. The highlight of the trip was when the Hard Rock Cafe caught on fire and evacuated people while we were standing in line to be seated. Literally.. a fire. Smoke was pouring from the inside and people were running out.
The cause was a gigantic thunderstorm with lighting striking like a hurricane. It was cool.. but it wasn't for us, so we left and found a hole in the wall Mexican place that had cheap margaritas (16 oz ) and really good food. It was probably the best night I had with Dave.. it was very romantic casual.

So, Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat.. suffered through it and played some mini golf and laid in the sun.. kind of a relaxing last day at the beach. Saturday night I slept the worst I've ever slept. Even Dave was annoyed that I tossed and turned so much. Sunday I woke up incredibly fluish and I was sick for a week after that. SUCKS!

I'm better now.

I've been incredibly stressed at work. People leaving (yay) and new people coming in.

I'm still on my anxiety meds and I'm feeling great. I've even lost some weight.. woo hoo

I started weight watchers online again. This time I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm not really obsessed about it like I was before. I didn't run to the store and only buy salad. I'm being realistic this time.. and so far so good. I've lost 4 lbs. I'm pretty excited. My goal is to get under 140 by Aug 30 (1 month)
We'll see.. my motivation is good.. so I'm hoping for a good outcome.

Lets see.. Charlie is good. Can you believe he is almost 2. He's starting to calm down.. he actually lets me pet him at night! He's so adorable. He likes to eat my hair while I'm sitting on the couch.. I'm not sure exactly what that is about, but I'm thinking its his nurturing. He wants to take care of mama after a long hard day at work. (he also licks my feet).. He's like the husband I never had. LOL!!!

Really though.. things are just chuggin along :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Jenn! I read your comment on Olivia's blog (late) about how much anti-anxiety meds have helped you and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me a little about your story with anxiety.

I've struggled since my dad died 2 years ago, started Buspar last year and just started Celexa. I'm also just starting yoga and counseling and really trying to eat cleaner and exercise. I feel better but know I'm not quite 'there' yet.

I'm always interested to know about other people's experiences...especially when they have happy endings :)
Write me at rachelsroad@gmail.com or visit me at my blog if you have a chance.
Thanks!