Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We are Moving!

This weekend. Short notice, definitely! We were offered the option of 2 townhouses - 1 is available immediately and another is not available until July.
We took the one that is available now.

2 full master bedrooms (so my sister can't bitch about her room, her closet OR her bathroom). A huge living room and a bigger kitchen than I have now. A great patio section for a grill (that I couldn't have at the apartment) and a nice community backyard for Charles walks! I'm so excited.

Now, to actually get moved. The moving situation isn't really going so well for me. I've already felt a little disappointed by the amount of help offered. Which hey, I guess I can't ask my friends to do something last minute.. but this is what I was offered and I have to play with what I was dealt.
I'm not moving next weekend because it is my birthday and I have my bff from WV coming to visit me. She is taking a plane (and yes, she is in WV).. the plane trip takes 4 hours and she will be coming in Thursday (14th) night. I am not spending that weekend moving, so I'm just going to do it myself. I'm renting a truck and saying "hasta la vista" to the old and in with the new.

I hate my apartment. It reminds me of every dark depressed moment I had. The past 2 years were probably the hardest years of my life. I can't wait to shake it loose and move on.

I can't help to say though, I feel completely disappointed that I'll be doing it alone.

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

I've moved myself out of a townhouse and into my parents' house a few years ago, and I had to clean up the townhouse because my roommates ditched me. It sucks, but you can do it! If you want to hire a mover, I can give you the phone number of the company I used for my move a few months ago. They were fantastic and a lot cheaper than I had anticipated:

Olympia Moving and Storage, 877/222-1644