Monday, September 17, 2007

Ugh I hate it

I'm so pissed right now. So, I went to go and refill my birth control yesterday and yeah.. they wouldn't let me because it has been over a year. How I completely forgot about the most horrible Dr. visit ever?? I don't know.. slipped my mind.
Well, back a year ago I had a really shitty insurance company who said they covered 100% of all routine visits, yet I received a bill for about $400.00. There was a huge battle over them paying it.. not paying it.. etc. So, it got to a point where the Dr.'s office got a lawyer involved. The lawyer sent me a letter and a letter to my insurance company. The insurance company paid (some of most) of the bill but only after being threatened. I then received a letter in the mail saying how it had been paid and everything had been dropped. At this point, I assumed that everything was up to par.
Today, I call the Dr.'s office to get a months prescription fill (you know, so that I don't get pregnant or that my hormones don't rage out of control and to keep the cycle normal) and she says to me.. sorry Jenn, we can't do anything with this until you call the collections office and pay off or at least set up a payment plan of the remainder of your bill. What fucking remainder of my bill? Why is the healthcare system so fucked up that I can't get a months prescription for birth control (because I'm being responsible) and set up an appointment and just pay the damn remainder of this bill at my appointment?
It just feels to me that they are holding my health above my head in order to get me to pay the remainder of a bill I thought was already paid. I don't even know how much I owe??? I'm so confused.
Is there anything I can do? Our Free Clinics suck in Fredericksburg... ugh.

I'm pissed!

1 comment:

Roxanna said...

Man that would piss me off too, how can you find out more about your bill? You should call your insurance and have them call your Dr. if the bill is paid