Monday, April 20, 2009

Alright so..........

I still haven't decided what I want to do.. but I have to get my point in view.

Just because a man offers you a ring, doesn't mean he offers you his love and devotion. It doesn't mean that it is going to work out. I think telling someone you want to have children with them is a HUGE step. It's almost the same as saying, let's get married. In reality "most" people get married in order to start a family. Marriage is religious based and I'm not religious. I mean, really the only reason I'd want to get married is so that I could have a cool wedding and so the fucker couldn't walk away empty handed from his responsibility. BUT, having a child would be his responsibility too. It's not as if he could just decide he didn't want to be a dad anymore. I'd take his money!
I just know that I want to be a mom. I'll be 28 in less than 30 days and I'm starting to feel like I'm running out of time. And I'm sorry MOM's.. theres no commenting on that because you don't know how it feels.
Cindy.. you either. just because I said so. LOL

I just don't understand how a marriage can immediately make you ready for children? So, if Dave and I went to the JOP and signed a piece of paper.. I'd be parent ready?

3 comments:

CindyLou said...

No no no no no, you're not running out of time so quit yer bitchin. You gotta be ready to have a kid, and who knows when you're actually READY? I mean, that's completely arbitrary, but don't do it just cuz you feel you're running out of time cuz that's just dumb.

I know you said that I shouldn't say anything, but I did anyway, so HAH!

Jenn M said...

I'm not having a kid right now. Does anyone understand that? I'm contemplating the idea because my bf said he wanted a kid.

And exactly, how do you know if your ready? I feel ready.. isn't that enough? My own feelings toward wanting a family aren't a good enough reason for having a family? I guess I'm just not understanding the bottom line here.

Bottom line - I'm 28 years old, I'm financially secure (very well financially secure), I have the support of my family and friends, my boyfriend who I've been dating for a year and a half now is the one who wants the baby.

Now, it almost has gotten to the point where I just want to argue this because it seems as if people think I'm too immature to handle responsibility. That is the vibe I'm getting from all of this.

So I want to make a decision that isn't based on society's beliefs. Who made the rules? Why are their rules?

Courtney B. said...

Jenn,
I totally get where you are coming from. I want kids too. And I'm ready. I'd like a bigger house and I do want to get married but I understand being 28 ready. At least your bf is ready too. Mine is going to 34 this year and wants kids but isn't in any real hurry and doesn't think I should be either. My grandmother went through menopause at 35 and my mom around 40 so I freak since my dr. says I could be early as well. So I hate when people tell me I have plenty of time.

My only advice would be for you all to live in the same town if you do it-but from previous post it sounds like that is your plan.

Life holds no promises so if you both are ready and you've thought everything through then go for it. Marriage isn't for everyone and that doesn't mean you should be denied having babies. You guys have to do what's right for you. Follow your heart and it will all work out. I know I haven't seen you in forever and I don't know you're bf-so I don't what type of person he is, but I'm sure he's a great person if you've been dating for a year and half. If he is responsible and it's what you both want, then I see nothing wrong it.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in feeling the way you!