Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm so frustrated

Seriously, I'm so frustrated. Due to procrastination (and my sister not getting her fucking shit together) "excuse my language".. I'm left to find a place to live last minute.

My sister is driving me fucking nuts! She thinks she has to live in some sort of pent house.. or some GIGANTIC house downtown, not understanding the price of dollar bills these days.

I make good money and I'm willing to spend more, but not a lot more on the cost of living. Right now, our apartment is 1050 dollars a month. It is small and cramped and has the shittiest carpet in the world.

Originally, I was going to buy a house. Well, that wild hair has been plucked because all of the houses are shitty. I don't mean a little shitty, I mean the house will have to be gutted and redone shitty. The 1 townhouse I found in average condition already had an offer that had been accepted.

So, I told my sister.. time to look around and find a place to rent. Well, she thinks she doesn't have time (although, she has class and works 2 nights a week). I work in DC and I'm gone all day long. I'm gone the entire time a normal office building is closed. She has no idea what NO time means.

You know what I'd like to do, I'd like to take the money I have to buy a house and go on a fucking cruise. I want to take an entire week and leave this hell hole.. just get me somewhere where it is warm and beachy. Please get me away from this smogged up city! Where no one smiles, everyones in a hurry and I have short legs. Please get me away from ringing telephones, constant emails from annoying mother fuckers who want me to do their work (which i do, because thats just how I am).

I figure if we stay in the apartment 1 more year (or possibly stay in the apartment complex and just move to a larger apartment), that we can take that money I have and spend it on a luxurious vacation... because you know what, soon I'll be married and having kids and I won't have this luxury anymore.. the ability to go on a week long cruise where i can just lay in the sun and soak up the peace and quiet.

So, right now.. I've given my sister an ultimatum. I told her she had a week 1/2 to find us a place to live or we're staying in the apartment. She hates the apartment (because she got a fucking queen sized bed with oversized furniture and she is 23 and doesnt realize she is only 23)..

so then, she decides she wants to live downtown. Doesn't she realize that the places downtown are EVEN SMALLER than the place we are in?

What do I do? I am about to give up and go drink and become homeless and live under a bridge with my dog.. and the worries of the day are actual worries.. where are you going to sleep and how are you going to eat!

I am dying to get out. What can I do?

4 comments:

CindyLou said...

move somewhere by yourself.

Anonymous said...

Go on a cruise. I'll go with you. Seriously. :)
Shannon

Lisa said...

I am all about the cruise! haha. If you got a three bedroom and could tolerate Addison we would be all about it. haha :) Okay, shameless plug!! I have been apartment hunting, and I think there are a lot of options out there. Dont give up :)

Roxanna said...

I love the way you write Jenn I can see the looks on your face as I read your blog...