Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm so excited

I think I might be getting my hopes up.

I found a house that is perfect. (from the outside and the virtual tour on Fredericksburg.com).
It's small - 1080 sq ft. in Hickory Ridge (right by Leeland train station, by my moms house and about 3 miles from the Stafford Airport 95 entrance)
It has Cathedral ceilings in the kitchen/dining room. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. A basement that is unfinishd (but overtime can be finished by me myself and my handyman).
If I've estimated my money amounts correctly, I should spend about 1500 towards fees and closing costs (if the closing costs are covered, and my loan is a FHA loan and will cover some). About 300 dollars towards an inspection - if the home allows. It is a foreclosure home, so an inspection could be pointless, but I refuse to move in without one.
About 1000 dollars to recarpet what will need recarpeting. If it is a foreclosure home, that will mean the entire home.
About 200-300 dollars to repaint - Which I'm going to Con Tim (Roxanna's husband) into painting. I'll feed him or something. What I really need is a husband, PSHT.. that AIN'T happening.. EVER.
Anyways.. I will then have about 500 dollars leftover. Which, I will save that money because who knows what it will be needed for. Probably getting water and trash service to the house. I already have cable and electric so that should just be moved (which I'm sure it cost some sort of fee to do that) and I dont have a home phone.
So, what do you think?
Oh, also.. how much does it cost to put a fence around your house? (lets say.. .5 acre)? I want a fence for Charlie. It really is the only disappointment of the home

4 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

Never ever ever buy a home without an inspection performed by a quality inspector. EVER.

My condo is only 750 sq ft, and I spent closer to $700 on paint and painting supplies.

I love the sound of cathedral ceilings. You should post photos!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the house in person yet? Man I'm excited for you. I still wish you were living closer to us though. I'll see you tomorrow!
Shannon

CindyLou said...

Fencing is REALLY REALLY expensive. Especially if you want a nice fence and not a white trash one.

Jenn M said...

I will definitely get the house inspected!

Also, DAMN it is that much money to paint? That sucks!
Why was it so expensive? I'm going to have to strip to paint my house damn it