Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Act of Kindness

So, my sister (baby sister) - 21 years old is in Kuwait. She was deployed about 3.5 months ago. She spent most of the months in Mississippi, but has been in Kuwait for about 2 weeks now.
My sister ordered a bathing suit online - Just a suggestion, if you ever go to Kuwait be sure to take a 1 piece. The rules are strict on no string bikinis LOL.
So, my sister ordered this 1 piece bathing suit. I guess they wanted to make sure they had her address correct, so they called my mother's house. They actually asked to speak to Lindsay and my mom said.. of course, "sorry, she is in Kuwait". The lady verified the address and the phone number and so forth. She at that point, told my mom to hold on. My mom sat there, listening to the music... and the lady came back on the phone and said.

If this little lady in Kuwait wants a bathing suit... she is getting a bathing suit.

Shipping free of charge for the girl who is protecting us.

I just about cried when my mom told me that... it makes me SO proud of my little sister. .. and it makes me appreciate what she is doing. It also makes me appreciate other people for recognizing how important my sister is to our country :)

I love you Lindsay and I miss you so much.. and I hope you get your little bathing suit little lady !!! LOL :)

3 comments:

Roxanna said...

It is nice to know that there are people out there who do care.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

Shannon

Cristine said...

THAT is soooo awesome!!