Thursday, October 4, 2007

The US is 2-faced

I think it is completely wrong for the United States to complain about American's being obese.

I was talking with Roxanna today and I was worried because I had nothing to write about.... that is until I took a lunch trip to 7-11.
First off, let me start by saying.. 7-11 is not a place to find nutritional lunches. I only stopped by for a flavored water and something to cure my sweet tooth. So, I wondered around the 7-11 weighing out my options... and do you realize, I had to go all the way to the back of the store to find fruit, yogurt, cheese, veggies... pretty much anything healthy. I settled with some yogurt (light and fit actually) and a propel - black cherry flavor ... my favorite.
I noticed as I walked from the back of the store to the register that the food options only became more tempting.. yet more fatty. At the register, they offer the choice of brownies (with or without nuts), cookies, candy, fruit snacks, and gum... why do they not have healthier options up front? Do you think if a freezer / fridge section was below the register and it offered berries, fruit, yogurt, veggies, etc.. that people would opt for the healthier choice?
How can America offer McDonalds, Taco Bell, double serving sized meals at Ruby Tuesday's.. Pie's at Shoneys, All you can eat Buffets .. like Country Cookin.. and the stupid candy and cookies and brownies at the front of the store (first thing you see) and expect us to be skinny? It's like putting a chip n dales dancer in front of me.. ALONE and he's flirting with me .. all over me.. and saying.. DON'T TOUCH.. "right" get real.

Yogurt worked just fine for me.. but don't think I didn't want that brownie.

6 comments:

Roxanna said...

You are so right!!! And I love the last thing you said that was pretty funny

CindyLou said...

You just have to convince yourself that that brownie is totally disgusting. It takes some very serious jedi mind tricks, but yoda cat will totally help you out with that. I say you get yourself a yoda cat.

Jenn M said...

Cindy.. your crazy. I asked this guy at work to buy me a Yoda cat.. you know, reward for not smoking... he said NO.. :(

Roxanna said...

What is a Yoga Cat?

Retainer Girl said...

But at least you didn't get the brownie. And as someone who goes to sevs a lot (it's right by my work), I can safely say most of the stuff 7-11 makes tastes like crap even though it looks yummy.

Jenn M said...

That is true.. although, my usual 7-11 binges happen when I'm drinking, so the taste of the food doesn't really matter LOL :)